[FFmpeg-user] Generate MPEG Transport stream from audio files only

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Mar 9 20:44:09 EET 2018

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 17:34:05 +0000, Pierre Pasquet wrote:
> Why can’t I just do the same for a stream segmenter? Doesn’t FFMpeg provide a way to create a MPEG-2 transport stream with Audio only?

Yes it does. If you launch your audio-only ffmpeg stream (but not your
segmenter), and then separately issue a "receiver" as such:

$ ffmpeg -i udp://127.0.0.1:5555

you will see that you receive an mpegts stream with only AAC audio.
(Alas, when trying, my ffmpeg "receiver" took almost 10 seconds to pick
up the stream.)

Perhaps the segmenter is picky about the TS format, and ffmpeg isn't
complying to its requirements. *shrug*

Moritz