[FFmpeg-user] Help with Concatenating Please

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Thu Apr 4 23:09:05 EEST 2019

On 2019-04-04 07:58, Mark Scott wrote:
> Thank you for the Info, Jim. Here's the command line that I use to batch
> encode ProRes HQ. My master files are already the correct size and frame
> rate, so that info is not included.
>
> mkdir outputs
> for f in *.mov; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:v prores -profile:v 3 -movflags
> +write_colr -c:a pcm_s24le "outputs/${f%.*}.mov"; done
>
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 6:59 PM Jim DeLaHunt <list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello, Mark:
>>
>> Welcome to the ffmpeg-user mailing list. I hope you are able to find out
>> what you need, and get good use out of *ffmpeg*.

...[snip]...

Let me start with a few social norms on this list. They trip up a lot of
new arrivals, including me when I first posted here. But many of the
main contributors to this list are adamant about them, and they do make
it easier to provide help to *ffmpeg* users efficiently.

First, don't top-post. This is what you did when you replied to the
list, putting your reply first, then the preceding message below it.
This list does not want top-posting.  Instead, bottom-post. This what I
did. Put in the preceding messages first, edited to include just the
relevant parts, then put in your reply.

For more on not top-posting, see
<https://ffmpeg.org/mailing-list-faq.html#What-is-top_002dposting_003f-1>.

Yes, many mail clients format replies as top-posts by default. Mine is
one of them. Yes, it is more work to make a bottom-post reply on such
mail clients. Yes, it will take you more time. But: it will save time
for everyone who reads your message, and many readers saved time
outweighs one author inconvenienced. It results in a more readable
thread in each message: instead of 3, 2, 1, the message reads 1, 2, 3.

Second, strip your command line down to just the *ffmpeg* part. You
posted a *for ... done* loop as well. Don't ask us to support that. Just
make a simple *ffmpeg* invocation, with static filenames for input and
output.

Third, in case you haven't done so, read the FFmpeg Mailing List FAQ
<https://ffmpeg.org/mailing-list-faq.html>.

With that out of the way, now we can move on to helping you with leading
black video.

Maybe it would help for you to attempt to combine what you learned about
"concat" and "color" from the links I posted with your existing command
line, then have your next message be a (bottom-posted) reply with your
best attempt at using "concat" and "color" in your command line?

Best regards,
        —Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant

       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953