[FFmpeg-user] Please streaming over nginx

Micael Silva micaelsilva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:41:29 EEST 2019

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, 00:49 Phat Nguyentan, <phatnguyentan0491 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Micael Silva,
> Thank you for your reply,
> 1> There are some codec in ffmpeg in openwrt, but no h264 or libx264. Maybe
> there is a way to compile for openwrt but it's complicated.
> 2> codec flv1 for flv but not for nginx rtmp, like Moritz Barsnick said:
> nginx rtmp only support h246 and h263(not for flv),
> So now I figure out how to streaming without go to server or I will get new
> device to working with ffmpeg well. If you know what way correct to video
> streaming, please let me know.
> Thank in advance.

The problem is that FLV1 is not compatible with HLS, as far as I know you
cannot put a FLV1 inside a MPEG transport stream therfore nginx rtmp will
be incompatible too. Maybe using RTMP only will work, HLS not.

If HLS is really needed it will need a ffmpeg version with H264 or some
sort of transcoder on the way.