[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg creates white frames at end of encode

Frederico Cengarle frederico.cengarle at mels-studios.com
Mon Jan 28 17:47:13 EET 2019

Hi ffmpeg users,

I’m having a little issue that I hope someone can help me with.

I use FFmpeg to create an x264 mov file in which I add silence audio in it.  When I look at the result, everything seem fine except from the fact that with frames are add at the end of the encode.  From what I understand, this is due to the fact that the audio track somehow is longer than video.  I did try to use the -shortest command but did<t seem to do the trick.

here’s my command
ffmpeg -f lavfi -i anullsrc=channel_layout=stereo:sample_rate=48000 -i Input file  -pix_fmt yuv420p -vcodec libx264 -profile:v main -color_primaries 1 -color_trc 1 -colorspace 1 -b:v 10M -c:a libfdk_aac -b:a 192k -movflags faststart –shortest output file

Any idea on what can be done to avoid withe frames?

Thanks
Fred