[FFmpeg-user] Streaming phone call live via wav file as hls stream

Samuel Widmer Samuel.Widmer at bluecall.ch
Sat Sep 7 17:13:31 EEST 2019

Dear

>From a live Phone Call we do append audio data to a Windows wave file.

The goal: We would like to stream that wave file as hls stream.

Our system is able to keep the wave file open while the whole phone call.
But also opening for append and closing the file would be possible.

We know how to create a hls stream with m3u9 playlist from a wave file. For
this we use for ex. The following cmd line:

ffmpeg -i Music.wav -c:a aac -hls_time 2 -hls_list_size 0
-hls_segment_filename file%03d.aac out.m3u8

But now how about when the wave file is still appended ?

We would like to build live each aac ts and ongoing updating the m3u8
playlist. This as long as the wave file is opened and appended by our
system.

Is there any command FFmpeg command existing for this usage ?

Is there any command FFmpeg command existing for this usage when using pipe
instead of file ?

Thanks for any help!

Best Reagard

Samuel Widmer