[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg is a Windows codec?

Wolfgang Hugemann auto at hugemann.de
Mon Sep 23 10:08:30 EEST 2019

> but as I say Windows comes with them all disabled

Well, you didn't say that. But you are right, as I have just tested with
an Indeo 5.0 coded video:

regsrv_32 ir50_32.dll

lets you play Indeo 5.0 coded videos with VfW, no installation needed.
For security reasons, you should possibly unregister that codec after use:

regvsrv_32 /u ir50_32.dll

So far, I didn't know that it is that easy.

The link to FFmpeg is that I often check the processing chain with
AVIsynth scripting, before I settle on a permanent solution with FFmpeg.

Wolfgang Hugemann