[FFmpeg-user] Compilation of shared libraries for macOS

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:14:25 EEST 2020

Am So., 2. Aug. 2020 um 19:40 Uhr schrieb Екатерина <beautyofnorth at gmail.com>:

> I have a problem with compilation of shared libraries on macOS Catalina to
> include FFmpeg 4.3.1 dylibs for my app video for a simple video playback:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/4.3.1 --enable-shared
> --enable-pthreads --enable-hardcoded-tables --enable-avcodec
> --enable-avformat --enable-avresample --enable-postproc

Unrelated to your problem:
Most of the options above make little sense, I wonder if you need
avresample. And I am curious: Why are you using --enable-hardcoded-tables?

> I compile successfully all dylibs. But my app crashes when I try to open
> any video file:
>
> *  Symbol not found: _av_rescale_q_rnd  Referenced from:
> /Users/USER/*/TestPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/LibAV/libavformat.58.dylib
> Expected in: /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.58.dylib*

This symbol is part of libavutil (since 2012), not libavcodec.

You could test with ffmpeg (the application) first to see if your
libraries work.

And please remember that only current FFmpeg git head is supported
here (and that we do not like top-posting), Carl Eugen