[FFmpeg-user] Why is format=rgb24 required after maskedmerge?

Gyan Doshi ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Fri Aug 21 13:09:07 EEST 2020

On 21-08-2020 02:36 pm, Michael Koch wrote:
> Am 21.08.2020 um 10:50 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
>> On 8/21/20, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:
>>> Please add this to the documentation (for example in chapter 20.9
>>> image2)
>>>
>>> FFmpeg supports the following image formats: BMP, DNG, GIF, JPG, PAM,
>>> PGM (binary P5 files are read/write, ascii P2 files are read-only),
>>> PGMYUV, PNG, PPM, TGA, TIFF.
>> Sorry but that list is incomplete.
>
> Then please add what's missing.

FFmpeg's documentation is very incomplete. I had a rough roadmap at the
start of the year for plugging the gaps, but other events transpired.

I hope to start a systematic effort in September.

Gyan

P.S. ffmpeg supports roughly a few dozen image formats. I'll add the
missing ones to https://ffmpeg.org/general.html#Image-Formats