[FFmpeg-user] Why is format=rgb24 required after maskedmerge?

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Fri Aug 21 13:33:54 EEST 2020

Am 21.08.2020 um 12:09 schrieb Gyan Doshi:

> On 21-08-2020 02:36 pm, Michael Koch wrote:

>>> Sorry but that list is incomplete.
>>
>> Then please add what's missing.
>
> FFmpeg's documentation is very incomplete. I had a rough roadmap at
> the start of the year for plugging the gaps, but other events transpired.
>
> I hope to start a systematic effort in September.
>
> Gyan
>
> P.S. ffmpeg supports roughly a few dozen image formats. I'll add the
> missing ones to https://ffmpeg.org/general.html#Image-Formats

That's very interesting. I never found that "General Documentation" file
because I thought "ffmpeg-all" contains what the filename implies: All.
This is obviously not the case. The filename is misleading, if the file
doesn't contain all documentation. Wouldn't it be better to combine
these two files into one file, which contains really all?

Michael