[FFmpeg-user] Why is format=rgb24 required after maskedmerge?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 08:38:13 EEST 2020

On 08/21/2020 11:08 AM, Gyan Doshi wrote:
> On 21-08-2020 07:12 pm, Mark Filipak wrote:

>> May I assist you?
>
> Sure. Do you already have a set of tasks / actions in mind?

How about this? Until we get to know each other and you gauge my capabilities, I'll research and
document whatever's important to you. I think that initially my most important role would be as an
editor -- mostly grammar checking. I hope to also add some user perspective and I trust that you
will not reject what I suggest without thinking about it.

This will be a long journey during which the path will unfold before us. I can be patient.

My experience has been to give users many, many examples having consistent structures with faith
that they will see the important patterns. You know, humans are reported to be very good at seeing
patterns.

Remember a while ago when I asked folks to post working ffmpeg command lines no matter the task or
format? My request was rebuffed, but what I was trying to do was gain experience by looking for
patterns -- Sort of a Krell mind boost. That's all I needed and I'm convinced that's all most people
need.

Mark.