[FFmpeg-user] Seeking VOB metadata

Mark Filipak markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 04:04:16 EET 2020

On 02/05/2020 08:12 PM, Moritz Barsnick wrote:

Hi, Moritz, and Thanks.

> On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 16:58:07 -0500, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> Is there anything in ffmpeg or ffprobe that will, for every frame in a
>> single VOB (or preferably, all VOBs in an entire TS:
>> 'VTS_xx_1.VOB'+'VTS_xx_2.VOB'+'VTS_xx_3.VOB'+...), list the following?
>
> Assuming you have already found a filter which creates these metadata
> values (like idet in your previous thread), add the metadata filter to
> your filter chain:
>
> $ ffmpeg -i input -vf filter1,metadata=mode=print -f null -
>
> The metadata filter also has options to filter the output by key name,
> and to dump its output to file (or pipe:1, for that matter).

I assume that the words in your suggested command line are all
replaceable tokens because in the filters documentation
(https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bitstream-filters.html)...
"filter1" not found.
".metadata" not found.
"mode" not found.
"print" not found.

The closest I can find is "2.20 mpeg2_metadata" and that appears to be a
metadata writer. Am I simply looking in the wrong place?

It sure would be nice if ffmpeg documentation had a search function.

I'd tried google advanced search of 'https://ffmpeg.org' for a variety
of metadata parameter names and got links to source code
(ffmpeg.org/doxygen) but not links to documentation.

Could you give me a push?

UPDATE

Based on this:
'https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html', section 16.11 metadata, ametadata
I tried this:
ffmpeg G:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB metadata=mode=print
and failed.