[FFmpeg-user] Archlinux update breaks kmsgrab: Failed to get plane resources: Permission denied

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Fri Feb 7 03:07:03 EET 2020

Replying to https://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2020-February/046699.html
Didn't manage to configure mailman correctly to just send replies to my email post.

I created another "Capture the screen from the first active KMS plane" [1] without the hide banner switch.

1. https://s.natalian.org/2020-02-07/1581037029.mp4.log 9.6M
2. https://s.natalian.org/2020-02-07/1581037241.mp4.log 68K

Second run ends much earlier with:

[kmsgrab @ 0x55d145ec0040] Thread message queue blocking; consider raising the thread_queue_size option (current value: 8)
[AVHWFramesContext @ 0x55d145ef9300] Failed to create surface from DRM object: 2 (resource allocation failed).
[Parsed_hwmap_0 @ 0x55d145ee22c0] Failed to map frame: -5.
Error while filtering: Input/output error
Failed to inject frame into filter network: Input/output error
Error while processing the decoded data for stream #1:0
[aac @ 0x55d145edd140] Qavg: 225.572
[aac @ 0x55d145edd140] 2 frames left in the queue on closing
Conversion failed!

The log files I believe are too large to attach. s.natalian.org links are going to be as permanent as my life.

Kind regards,

[1] https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Hardware/VAAPI