[FFmpeg-user] Have trouble saving opengl-generated RGB image sequence to .mp4

Igor Belyakov belyakov-i at spsinf.ru
Tue Feb 25 18:49:53 EET 2020

I asked a question on stackoverflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60339670/have-problems-using-ffmpeg-to-save-rgb-image-sequence-to-mp4

Didn't get any useful answers so far. Can someone help me?

My code is mostly composed of "encode_video.c" example: https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/encode_video_8c-example.html

It generates a malformed video file which I can transform into well-formed one with ffmpeg tool:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vcodec copy test.mp4

The tool prints the following warnings:

[mp4 @ 00000208ce831240] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 0. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly
[mp4 @ 00000208ce831240] pts has no value

I really want to get a well-formed file in one pass using only c++ code.

I work on Windows 10 and use FFMPEG   C headers and .lib files from here:

https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/dev/ffmpeg-20200224-bc9b635-win64-dev.zip

and .dll files from here (no proper .dll files in dev build for some reason...): https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/shared/ffmpeg-20200224-bc9b635-win64-shared.zip

I tried to compile and launch "encode_video.c" example, and it creates malformed video too (with libx264)