[FFmpeg-user] How to compress .MOV file compatible to Canon camera

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Mar 1 02:54:24 EET 2020

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 01:17:29 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> "This" will encode a video that is not compatible with any player
> except FFmpeg-based software.

Well, the wiki claims:
    If you want your videos to have highest compatibility with ancient devices (e.g., old Android phones):
    -profile:v baseline -level 3.0

and regarding iOS compatability of these options:
    "All devices"

Is the wiki page really that far off? (Yes, I can actually confirm that
I have issues playing this file, but I haven't figured out why.)

Moritz