[FFmpeg-user] What is 'yuv420p(tv, smpte170m, progressive)'?

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed May 20 00:50:13 EEST 2020

Am Di., 19. Mai 2020 um 21:22 Uhr schrieb Mark Filipak
<markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com>:

> > while "progressive" can theoretically be interlaced (or hard
> > telecined) it is very unlikely.
>
> That statement seems contrary to the MPEG standard.

I have already explained to you that when we use term "interlaced",
this is not related to the MPEG standard (note to interested readers:
There is no "MPEG standard").

[Completely irrelevant stuff removed]

> The stuff above is important because if the structure of a transcode
> is wrong, then all the smoothing filters or whatnot filters will not
> achieve what people want to achieve.

Funny that you mention that:
Many people are very happy with the filters.

Carl Eugen