[FFmpeg-user] build error at libavformat/udp.o

Hyoung Kim hyoungtaik at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 05:08:35 EEST 2020

 Hi,

Thanks for your response.

1. You are right.
The error message with the git head in my previous email looked like
an encoding issue. So I have done git clone at ubuntu 18.01 again and I got the same error message I had
for FFmpeg 4.3.1 like followings :

src/libavformat/udp.c:296:28: error: member reference base type
'__be32' (aka 'unsigned int') is not a structure or union
mreqs.imr_multiaddr.s_addr = ((struct sockaddr_in *)add...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
src/libavformat/udp.c:298:32: error: assigning to '__be32'
(aka 'unsigned int') from incompatible type 'struct in_addr'
...= ((struct sockaddr_in *)local_addr)->sin_addr;
^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
src/libavformat/udp.c:300:32: error: member reference base type
'__be32' (aka 'unsigned int') is not a structure or union
mreqs.imr_interface.s_addr= INADDR_ANY;
src/libavformat/udp.c:301:29: error: member reference base type
'__be32' (aka 'unsigned int') is not a structure or union
mreqs.imr_sourceaddr.s_addr = ((struct sockaddr_in *)&s...
4 errors generated.

2. I have attached the first part of log, when I have tried to build the FFmpeg at the end of this email.

3. When I tried to use FFmpeg 4.0.6, I do not have any problem to build it. I have even done simple smoke test successfully for our final product.

Thanks in any case.