[FFmpeg-user] Error decoding RTSP stream using h264_cuvid vcodec

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Wed Mar 10 23:28:50 EET 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 15:54:28 -0500, FFmpeg user discussions wrote:
> Oh duh! Thanks @Moritz!

You're welcome.

> As a side note, I just wanted to mention that we mostly deal with RTMP
> streams and we have been starting the ffmpeg process the way I described
> for over a year and half now and it never complained.

Hmm, I don't think an "h264_cuvid" encoder has ever existed - only a
decoder. (There was some cleanup recently in those aliases, but I
cannot identify such an encoder having being removed.) Perhaps you are
confusing the two?

> would be interesting to note the behaviour here. Thanks again!

No problem, as long as your encoding works again now.

Cheers,
Moritz