[FFmpeg-user] HW Acceleration 101? 2-Up Streaming from RTSP-->ffmpeg-->YouTube

andrei ka andrei.k.gml at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:17:54 EET 2021

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 12:07 AM Steven Kan <steven at kan.org> wrote:

> Hmm. I hadn’t considered that. What I’m actually doing is combining two
> 1920  x 1080 streams into a 3840 x 1080 stream. Would an NVidia 1030 be
> able to do that, twice?

ppl are right, 1030 cant encode (i couldn't imagine that !), only decoding,
and afaik 1050 & 1650 low profile are dual slots, so, i may not fit into
hpe (sure, one can alose tinker with riser cards & cables to make these
cards external :-))  today these cards  usually have enough cpu for doing
your 4 1080p at 25/30 fps (with reduced complexity presets), you'd need enough
ram to hold 8M nv12 pixels... but these are not cheap even 2nd hand,
chances are big a combo of 1650 & hpe would be more expensive than some
different box. +, you've solved your load pb anyway with your mac :-)
&rei