[FFmpeg-user] Can I set a "wait-timeout" for ffmpeg to not abort a stream download?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 01:10:32 EET 2021

Some live streams I download from are sometimes interrupted for a short time of
1-2 minutes and when I use ffmpeg for download it quits at these occurrences.

Is there some way to enforce the "-t 3800 " argument so it really waits all that
time if the video stops before aborting the download?

Or else some other argument that can set an idle-timeout value to say 300 s or
so, such that the video download is not aborted but instead just paused until
the stream returns or when the -t argument has been reached?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden