[FFmpeg-user] Extracting forced subtitles from a DVD.

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Apr 29 11:47:38 EEST 2022

Michael Mueck via ffmpeg-user (12022-04-28):
> In addition to the question below about the wrong subtitle track
> ending up in the output, I've also been looking into dvd2concat (which
> it looks like you wrote!). I was able to use it to make file.concat,
> but I'm having some trouble figuring out what to do with that file.
> I'd very much appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.
> Thanks!

The script is self-documenting:

NAME
    dvd2concat - create a concat script for a DVD title

SYNOPSIS
    tools/dvd2concat *path/to/dvd/structure* > *file.concat*

DESCRIPTION
    This script uses lsdvd to produce concat script for a DVD title. The
    resulting script can be used to play the DVD using ffplay, to transcode
    it using ffmpeg or any other similar use.

    *path/to/dvd/structure* is the path to the DVD structure hierarchy; it
    normally contains a directory named VIDEO_TS. It must not be encrypted
    with CSS.

    *file.concat* is the output file. It can be used as an input to ffmpeg.
    It will require the -safe 0 and -protocol_whitelist file,subfile,concat
    options.

Then you need to peruse the documentation about concat scripts:

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#concat-1

> > On 2022.0428, at 16:19, Michael Mueck <mick.mueck at mac.com> wrote:

Please remember that top-posting is strictly forbidden on this list.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George