[FFmpeg-user] [EXTERNAL] Re: Video Notation, A Video Lingua Franca

Shupert, Jim jim.shupert at hearst.com
Tue Feb 8 22:50:53 EET 2022

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> On Behalf Of Mark Filipak
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 3:42 PM
To: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [FFmpeg-user] Video Notation, A Video Lingua Franca

On 2022-02-08 11:44, Carl Zwanzig wrote:

> On 2/7/2022 10:27 PM, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> On suggestion, I tried web hosting suppliers and failed.
>
> ???? There must be thousands of them out there. Failed? You copy the
> files to the hosting site and send out the URL. You may have to set up
> an account in order to use it. This is not difficult, technically.

I contacted some hosting sites:
$7 to $30 per month, (for only 11 pages!), even without WordPress (which I don't need because I can write my own HTML and javascript), even without implementing a shopping cart etc.
And I would need my own domain.

I have a 16 year old ClarkCommunity server (now, ClearOS) on a Dell Octiplex machine that I could put in my router's DMZ and serve pages from my basement, but I'd still need a domain.

If you're too lazy to unzip the pages I've sent, that's fine, don't unzip them, okay?

Mark Filipak
Thanks for this info - I appreciate your effort.
I also see the value in having it "local" no internet connection is needed to read 😉
cheers