[FFmpeg-user] V360 stabilization

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Thu Nov 3 12:16:02 EET 2022

Am 03.11.2022 um 10:10 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 11/3/22, Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> wrote:

>>> Your book is full or factual errors,
>>>
>>> Notice to anyone: do not use this thing for anything serious.
>> Thank you for so much promotion for my book.
>> Sure, it's likely that in more than 900 pages there are a few errors. We
>> all make errors. If anyone finds an error, please let me know. You find
>> my e-mail address on the first page.
>>
>> http://www.astro-loltronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf
> Some things in sea of myriad others:
> Why you claim that FFmpeg does not have SER format support while in
> fact it have support for it?

You are right, it is supported now. But my first test to convert a
16-bit grayscale SER file to MP4 failed. I will provide a short sample
file later. At the moment I only have SER files that are too big for
uploading.

> Why you claim that datascope does not support >8 bit formats where in
> fact it does support it?
> Why you claim that drawbox does not support RGB formats while in fact
> it does support them?

Perhaps these features weren't supported at the time when I wrote that,
but they are supported now.
All three issues are already corrected in the book and an updated
version is online.

Michael