[FFmpeg-user] How to concat two videos with same size but different source?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:16:29 EEST 2022

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:36:25 +0200, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> is it really that hard to operate a mail client these days?
>>
>> It's about as hard as reading quotes prepended with an indicator of
>> who wrote them
>
>in a longer communication it's not only about who said what BUT in what
>order and context which is pretty clear in case you are using the reply
>function of proper mail client

OFF TOPIC:
To comment on that:
I belive that Microsoft has influenced a lot of people to read mackwards instead
of forward by placing responses in front of what they are respondong to (AKA Top
posting). Very bad on mail lists and news groups.

And why use a mail client to interact when there are News clients instead?
I am using a news client that handles it all very nicely, except I have to
sometimes re-arrange what I am responding too if they have used top posting so I
must move their reply into the proper place...

I wish I did not have to do this, but how else can one go on here?

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC:
This does not really address what I am asking about here, namely how to use
ffmpeg to paste together (concatenate) videos from different sources with the
same geometry into one seamless result video.
So far what I have tried with the two videos I have as an example has not worked
satisfactorily at all.

They are basically downloads from streaming sources for the same show, but with
one having problems in the end and the other in the beginning.
So I have created video1 from the good start recording and video 2 from the good
end recording where the end of video1 is set at the same location as the start
of video2.

How can that be done safely?
Is it maybe a 2-pronged operation required where I have to convert the videos
into for example ts files and then concatenate these with re-encoding to mp4?
If so can it be done in one connected command such that there are no
intermediate files and possibly quicker processing?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden