[FFmpeg-user] How to concat two videos with same size but different source?

Erik Dobberkau erik.dobberkau at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:47:08 EEST 2022

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC:

> This does not really address what I am asking about here, namely how to use
> ffmpeg to paste together (concatenate) videos from different sources with
> the
> same geometry into one seamless result video.
> So far what I have tried with the two videos I have as an example has not
> worked
> satisfactorily at all.
>
> They are basically downloads from streaming sources for the same show, but
> with
> one having problems in the end and the other in the beginning.
> So I have created video1 from the good start recording and video 2 from
> the good
> end recording where the end of video1 is set at the same location as the
> start
> of video2.
>
> How can that be done safely?
> Is it maybe a 2-pronged operation required where I have to convert the
> videos
> into for example ts files and then concatenate these with re-encoding to
> mp4?
> If so can it be done in one connected command such that there are no
> intermediate files and possibly quicker processing?

The geometry is only one criterion which needs to be satisfied in order to
concatenate the contents of [n] .mp4 containers. The console outputs you
shared show different characteristics for the two files you are trying to
assemble, therefore at least one of the two files must be re-encoded to
match the other.