[Libav-user] About rm/rmvb license

陈彬 bingoes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 06:11:50 CEST 2011

Hi, Philip

Thanks very much. Yes, we only use the LGPL part as dynamic library. But
here it is said:
http://www.ffmpeg.org/legal.html

*Q: Is it perfectly alright to incorporate the whole FFmpeg core into my own
commercial product?*
A: You might have a problem here. There have been cases where companies have
used FFmpeg in their products. These companies found out that once you start
trying to make money from patented technologies, the owners of the patents
will come after their licensing fees. Notably, MPEG LA is vigilant and
diligent about collecting for MPEG-related technologies.

Best regards
Bin