[Libav-user] for Android

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Sun May 15 19:42:39 CEST 2011

Hello,

I wonder if there exists an up-to-date binary of the library for
Android, optimized for NDK r.5 and neon processors.

We intend to deliver a "closed source" Android app that will use
libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil, and probably libswscale. If I
understand the LGPL v.2.1 requirements correctly, I may ship my built
version of these libraries as a dynamically-loaded library (or
libraries), as long as I provide a way for the end-user to replace
this version with the one they choose to build themselves.

Two questions still remain, do I need to publish the Android.mk
file(s)? Where should I publish these?

And if I let the end-user replace the library in my app directory
(typing adb push libavXXX.so /data/data/com.alexcohn.player/lib),
restricting this for rooted devices - is this enough?

Sincerely,

Alex Cohn