[Libav-user] PTS from best_effort_timestamp?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Oct 6 11:06:43 CEST 2011

Le septidi 7 vendémiaire, an CCXX, Isaac Wang a écrit :
> I am trying to send video frames over a network.  Specifically, I am
> trying to write a program that will output a video stream that I can
> view using VLC / ffmpeg / ffplay.  I've tried to use UDP to no avail
> and RTP as per instructions listed at this site: http://libav-users.943685.n4.nabble.com/Sending-encoded-frames-over-the-network-via-RTP-td3308316.html

RTP seems a better course if you want something readable by other programs.

I would suggest to first try to have something working with the command-line
tools, and only then try to turn it into a custom program.

> but I can't get my program to work (specifically, I am using av_free
> to deallocate memory allocated from url_close_dyn_buf but none of
> the memory is actually freed and I eventually run out of memory).

That is completely another matter. You can use any usual memory-leak
tracking tool to find the origin of the problem.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George