[Libav-user] newb mp4 question

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:45:54 CEST 2011

2011/10/6 Atli Thorbjornsson <atlithorn at gmail.com>:
> Hi Andrey, I'm just streaming http. When you say success with MP4 over
> RTSP i assume you mean files that are complete.

No, that worked remuxing http mpegts live stream.

> I'm streaming live
> radio so the file is essentially never complete so there is no way to
> call mov_write_trailer to complete the file. Or so I'm told :)

So you restream a http radio, like icecast? I havent research how to
stream radio to androids, but anyway you can try restream via RTSP.
Builtin player supports it.

> I was never able to get FLV containing AAC to work on the Android. If
> you found a way to do that I would be very interested/impressed!

In this case flash plugin plays, so that is irrelevant to Android
builtin player.

--
Andrey Utkin