[Libav-user] newb mp4 question

Atli Thorbjornsson atlithorn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:29:02 CEST 2011

Yes, I tried that and it works but software decoding means cpu usage
is really heavy, not optimal for an app that is supposed to run for a
while. The same stream running on the native mediaplayer is running
under 1% on most devices. I tried running with this idea with FFMPEG
decoders, optimised for neon but have not been able to bring the cpu
usage far down enough. Probably due to my lack of experience with
FFMPEG.

Seeing how the Android handles m4a like a champ I jumped on that idea
but I guess I'll have to go back to libavcodec decoding and see if I
can't make that work better.

But thanks for chipping in Alex, I'm really impressed by the level of
helpfulness on this list.

Atli.