[Libav-user] Why does av_seek_frame() not seek to a keyframe?

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Sun Aug 5 17:09:07 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 5:51 AM, Don Moir <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
> I see this has been reported as ticket #1575 but why this is reported as an
> enhancement and not a bug, god only knows.
>
> This should not be a documentation issue and in my way of thinking, its a
> bug. We don't need gray areas like this and the frustration just gets passed
> on to everyone.

Yeah, I added a comment a day or two ago to the bug saying that maybe
it would be better to force seeking without AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY in an mpg
file to fail. I'll close it as invalid and open a new bug (with the
status of defect).

Ok, closed 1575 and opened 1607: https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1607

Feel free to add any additional input you may have to that ticket.

Thanks,

Michael