[Libav-user] Using LibX264 with ffmpeg libraries

noahzarc noahzarc at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 18:06:11 CEST 2012

Nicolas George-2 wrote

> Le sextidi 6 thermidor, an CCXX, noahzarc a écrit :
>> Apologies for top posting, it's my very first time using a mailing list.
>
> No problem, you fixed it.
>
>> Apologies, it's my very first time using a mailing list. Would this be
>> the
>> correct way of setting priv_data?
>>
>> AVDictionary *outputDictionary;
>> av_dict_set(&outputDictionary, "crf", "0", AV_DICT_APPEND);
>> avcodec_open2(outputCodecCtx, codec, &outputDictionary);
>
> You would probably make sure you init outputDictionary to NULL before
> doing
> anything on it. And AV_DICT_APPEND is not necessary here and may be
> harmful
> under some circumstances, but yes, this is the gist of it.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas GEorge

Yeah so I tried to implement this into my code, it works but some thing
weird happens when I change the value of crf.. So originally I have crf set
at 0, which produces lossless output. But since the output file size is too
big, I wanted to change crf to a higher value, let's say 18. But if I do
that, the output video file generated would be 6KB without any content in
it. Any ideas why/how this happened?

Thanks!
Cheers