[Libav-user] Public way of accessing PAT/PMT for a mpegts (both binary and the contents)

cognos david.codesido at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:34:47 CEST 2012

> Please understand that avprobe and friends contain several hundred
> regressions, some of them security relevant, we therefore cannot
> support them here, please look at http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
> for supported versions, current git head is always recommended.

What I meant is that I was looking what libav functions avprobe calls
in order to find the metada. Actually, right now I think that my
problem with the information about the descriptors, languages etc is
solved with the metadata field on the AVFormatContext components. Just
a matter of iterate over all of them.

> You should probably try to prepare a patch (against current git
> head, see above) and post it to ffmpeg-devel (or describe in
> more detail what is needed, perhaps PAT/PMT should be exported
> as metadata).

After getting the information for the PMT I'll give it a look to
understand exactly what and where can be obtained from the transport
and if possible try to propose a patch.

> Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen

Sorry!

Thanks for your time.