[Libav-user] Public way of accessing PAT/PMT for a mpegts (both binary and the contents)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 12 13:13:02 CEST 2012

cognos <david.codesido at ...> writes:

> The idea is to access information related to the language for each
> stream, subtitling and laguages

They are all provided through the API (ffprobe would not be able to
display them if not), metadata iirc.

> I'm looking right now to avprobe

Please understand that avprobe and friends contain several hundred
regressions, some of them security relevant, we therefore cannot
support them here, please look at http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
for supported versions, current git head is always recommended.

> if you have a cryptographic chipset it may require to provide
> the binary for the PAT/PMT in order to configure itself.

You should probably try to prepare a patch (against current git
head, see above) and post it to ffmpeg-devel (or describe in
more detail what is needed, perhaps PAT/PMT should be exported
as metadata).

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen