[Libav-user] Trying to create a DVDSUB (.sub) according to Specification

Wagner Patriota wagner.patriota at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 18:37:17 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Nicolas George <
nicolas.george at normalesup.org> wrote:

> Please do not top-post on this mailing list. If you do not know what it
> means, loop it up before doing it again.

ok, sorry

> Le septidi 7 thermidor, an CCXX, Wagner Patriota a écrit :
> > I think that the correct name of the file I wanna create is MPEG-PS
> (RLE).
>
> A MPEG-PS file with just subtitles will not be very useful to you.

why? are you sure you really undertood what I am asking?
I am using the ffmpeg command to join a video with subtitle... the attached
"a.sub" WORKS PERFECTLY without the .idx file.... it is working. I just
wanna make the same thing but with a bitmap 8-bit-color. that's simple like
this!

> > ffmpeg -i input.ts *-i a.sub* -vcodec copy -acodec copy *-scodec
> > dvbsub*output.ts
>
> What are we supposed to do with that?

it is not just supposed to do. it in fact does work. the thing is: I need
the .sub file have a bitmap 8-bit-color.
This ffmpeg command is used to mux the video and subtitle together. ;-)