[Libav-user] Trying to create a DVDSUB (.sub) according to Specification

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Sat Jul 28 17:13:28 CEST 2012

L'octidi 8 thermidor, an CCXX, Wagner Patriota a écrit :
> ok, sorry

No problem, thanks for fixing it.

> why? are you sure you really undertood what I am asking?

I did not until now. Thanks for clarifying.

> I am using the ffmpeg command to join a video with subtitle... the attached
> "a.sub" WORKS PERFECTLY without the .idx file.... it is working. I just

I am quite surprised, as I frequently observed that the timestamps
(especially the durations) of DVD subtitles streams were somewhat wrong
without the corresponding index file, but I will take your word for it.

> wanna make the same thing but with a bitmap 8-bit-color. that's simple like
> this!

I am pretty sure this is not possible: DVD subtitles are 2-bits bitmaps.
This document confirms:
http://dvd.sourceforge.net/spu_notes
(of course, the official specification is closed).

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George