[Libav-user] Segfault on corrupted video

Tim Pitman tapitman11 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:59:48 CEST 2012

After continued debugging I've narrowed things down somewhat. after
getting a picture from avcodec_decode_video2, I pass the data from the
picture to glTexImage2D, which is what
seems to be crashing. When I backtrace with gdb it says the the
address stored in picture->data[0]
is out of bounds. So I'm guessing that the unref error coming from
libavcodec isn't what's actually crashing,
but it's related. Any ideas? Can someone provide more info about what
normally causes unref short errors?

Thanks,
Tim