[Libav-user] mp2/mp3 missing header at decoding of mpegts file, but only in OS X

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Thu Mar 8 09:33:31 CET 2012

On Mar 8, 2012, at 14:05 , Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

First of all thanks for your answers and ideas, I learned a lot already while following your suggestions.

> Kalileo <kalileo at ...> writes:
>
>> In order to run the files though ffmpeg I had ffmpeg
>> converting the files, which works, and the resulting
>> files play fine in ffplay.
>
> My uneducated guess is that you don't use the parsers, they are
> needed for many files, but this of course would not explain why
> it works on other systems.

Parsers? What do you mean?

I use  av_read_frame() and then either avcodec_decode_audio4() or  avcodec_decode_video2().

Is there any additional parsing possible to do? (I went through the ffplay source but I didn't notice anything different there.)

Right after calling avformat_open_input() on the AvFormatContext I run av_find_stream_info(), which has the effect that mp2 is correctly recognized as mp2 instead of mp3, however it has no influence on the errors.

Regards,
Kalileo