[Libav-user] Swscale: Interlaced 4:2:2 to interlaced 4:2:0

Carl Lindqvist lulebo at gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:30:20 CEST 2012

Hi

A while back i posted this question on stackoverflow but it hasn't gained
much attention:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9681059/swscale-color-space-convert-interlaced-frames

As you can see I have problems when changing the color space from 4:2:2 to
4:2:0 on interlaced material. I hope this is the right list for questions
regarding swscale, as I assume where that's where the problem is. Can I
tell swscale to create interlaced 4:2:0 frames somehow? Right now it just
creates a progressive 4:2:0 frame and libavcodec continues to encode it as
interlaced.

Regards
Carl Lindqvist