[Libav-user] Swscale: Interlaced 4:2:2 to interlaced 4:2:0

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Thu May 24 08:44:27 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Carl Lindqvist <lulebo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> A while back i posted this question on stackoverflow but it hasn't gained
> much attention:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9681059/swscale-color-space-convert-interlaced-frames
>
> As you can see I have problems when changing the color space from 4:2:2 to
> 4:2:0 on interlaced material. I hope this is the right list for questions
> regarding swscale, as I assume where that's where the problem is. Can I tell
> swscale to create interlaced 4:2:0 frames somehow? Right now it just creates
> a progressive 4:2:0 frame and libavcodec continues to encode it as
> interlaced.
>
> Regards
> Carl Lindqvist

In ffmpeg, deinterlace is performed by avcodec (imgconvert.c
avpicture_deinterlace), it does some 4:2:2 pixel formats, but not
uyvy. On teh other hand, swscale has no knowledge of interlaced
formats. If you are using ffmpeg tool, please publish the exact
command line; if it is your program that calls swscale and libavcodec,
please publish relevant code.

BR,
Alex