[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:13:04 CEST 2013

2013/4/10 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:
>
> > 1) Distribute a prepackaged version of gas-processor.pl
> > that works, together with ffmpeg.
>
> Very, very definitely:
> No.

Ok, I take that as a No ;-) May I ask why? Another alternative solution
could be using git submodule in the ffmpeg distro that points to a working
version of gas-processor, would that be ok?

> 3) Write a mail to yuvi and ask him to merge the
> changes.

Mailed an update to ffmpeg-devel regarding the docs that David Conrad
intercepted and the repo is now refreshed with Mans changes.

Note that I originally wanted to write that I find it an incredibly bad
> idea that xbmc contains its own gas-preprocessor script.

Well, first of all it's not xbmc's own gas-preprocessor but rather a copy
of a version that (at that time) was compatible with ffmpeg 0.10.2. If you
believe there is a better way, what do you suggest?

> I still find it much, much better to have a link to upstream instead of a
> fork.

Like a git submodule or what do you suggest?