[Libav-user] Licensing question

Ioan Stan Ioan.Stan at accesa.eu
Wed Dec 11 17:08:56 CET 2013

Hi,

I meant FFmpeg library (not application) in both questions.
Also I updated question 1. Hope is more clear now.

Thank you,
Ioan

1.      Let’s suppose that I own a library named "a.dll" that is linked statically or dynamically with FFmpeg library. Another library owned by me and named "b.dll" is linked dynamically with "a.dll". A plug-in based application owned by me and named "App.exe" uses "b.dll" as a plug-in (loads the plug-in at runtime).
In this scenario does  "a.dll", "b.dll" or "App.exe" become under LGPLv2.1 or later ? Does the source code corresponding to "a.dll", "b.dll" and "App.exe" become under LGPLv2.1 or later ?
In case the answer is yes, which of these libraries/executable becomes under LGPLv2.1 or later ? Which part of the source code owned by me and used to compile above libraries become under LGPLv2.1 or later?

Best regards,

Ioan Stan    senior software developer

 T : [ro] +40 3645 607 20; [de] +49 89 2154 892 20
E : Ioan.Stan at accesa.eu

München  |  Cluj Napoca  |  Oradea  |  www.accesa.eu