[Libav-user] Pb use av_new_packet

Jérôme SALAYET jerome.salayet at hymatom.fr
Fri Feb 15 10:17:39 CET 2013

I need to do this because in the documentation of FFMPEG, for the avcodec_decode_video2, there's a Warning:

The input buffer must be FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE larger than the actual read bytes because some optimized bitstream readers read 32 or 64 bits at once and could read over the end.

The end of the input buffer buf should be set to 0 to ensure that no overreading happens for damaged MPEG streams.

This is why I need the need that extra buffer and do the CopyMemory (my H264 packet isn't padded with FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE).