[Libav-user] ff_log2_tab defined multiple times in the fmpeg 1.1 libraries, bug or feature ??

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Feb 20 18:05:59 CET 2013

Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:

> 2013/2/17 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
>
> Could one of you (who is affected by the problem,
> remember that it cannot be reproduced on same
> environments) please test mentioned patch?
> Your problem unfortunately will not be fixed as
> long as you don't comment on the patch;-(

It appears that this mail was unclear, I am sorry
about it, I am not a native speaker!

Let me try again:
You reported a bug [1] that cannot easily be reproduced -
a buggy toolchain appears to be necessary. Less than four
hours after your report, a patch was posted that is
intended to fix this bug and a message was sent to this
mailing list to ask if the patch fixes your compilation
problem: [2].
Four days later, I asked again for a test: [3]

Please understand that it is neither necessary to report
this problem on another mailing list (it is actually not
a good idea, reporting bugs here is 100% ok), nor is it
necessary to explain why you have to use this toolchain
(we do try to support slightly broken environments, but
please understand that we need some help on these). Is it
also not really a good idea to explain to the FFmpeg
developers about performance issues and non-issues, it
is safe to assume that there are not many projects that
are more performance-driven than FFmpeg.

As said, what is needed is somebody to test if the
patch fixes the reported problem.

Please disregard this email if you are not interested
anymore in fixing this bug.

Thank you for your support, Carl Eugen

1: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.libav.user/9926
2: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.libav.user/9941