[Libav-user] Video and audio timing / syncing

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 05:25:45 CET 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 08:19:47PM -0700, Brad O'Hearne wrote:
[...]
> I would think the codec would have to be smart enough to handle this in encoding. However, after reading the source in this example:
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/0.6/output-example_8c-source.html

You realize FFmpeg 0.6 is 3 years old right? The examples have moved to a
dedicated directory now, which is doc/examples. You can find them on
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=tree;f=doc/examples;hb=HEAD or
simply deployed with your installation (generally
/usr/share/ffmpeg/doc/examples).

For a recent doxygen, see https://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/index.html

If the examples and doxy documentation are not enough, you should have a
look at ffmpeg*.c ffplay*.c files in the source root directory.

--
Clément B.