[Libav-user] Audio quality loss while encoding

Claudio Freire klaussfreire at gmail.com
Wed May 1 00:33:14 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Claudio Freire <klaussfreire at ...> writes:
>
>> Indeed this symptom seems to happen only with >2 channels.
>>
>> Is there any possibility of improvement here?
>
> Patch definitely welcome!

Surely I could and would like to give it a try, I've written an AC3
encoder way back so there should be no surprises. However, I do have
my plate overly full.

Any docs to read about its current limitations and perhaps previous
experience working on it that you have handy? (I'll of course google
eventually if I get to it, but... saving time by asking ;) )