[Libav-user] Audio quality loss while encoding

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed May 1 02:26:05 CEST 2013

Claudio Freire <klaussfreire at ...> writes:

> Surely I could and would like to give it a try,
> I've written an AC3 encoder way back so there
> should be no surprises.

That sounds incredibly promising!

> However, I do have my plate overly full.

> Any docs to read about its current limitations
> and perhaps previous experience working on it
> that you have handy?

Sorry, not more than git log and possibly some
discussion on ffmpeg-devel that I do not remember;-(

There is a real test somewhere that shows that
the stereo encoding is not as bad, the quality
issues with >2 channels should be easily
reproducible.

Sorry, Carl Eugen