[Libav-user] avcodec_decode_audio4() help

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 02:09:35 CEST 2013

I have a problem with the latest releases of ffmpeg.  I was using code
that mimicked the code in avcodec_decode_audio3 calling
avcodec_decode_audio4.  However, when I use that code now I get a frying
pan noise when playing the audio in my viewer.  I reverted to
avcodec_decode_audio3 again and it shows as deprecated but I also get
the frying pan noise.
I looked at ffplay and I almost fainted how much the code for
avcodec_decode_audio4 is.
Can someone guide me through the avcodec_decode_audio4 with some example
simpler than ffplay.c?
Lots of thanks in advance.