[Libav-user] quicktime doesn't play my mpeg4 video stream which encoded by libav

Xian Yan Yang myladyyang at gmail.com
Wed May 15 14:08:56 CEST 2013

Yes,there is a MPEG4 video stream example which could be played by
quicktime.
Acutally the example stream is going  through RTSP/RTP. So I capture some
package and use openRTSP(live555 test program) to get the mpeg4 video
stream file.

After comparing the stream file and the packages, there are some
differences between the example stream and my stream.

1. The b frame is enable in example.(checked by ffprobe)
2. There is object_layer_identifier set as 1 in the first frame of my
stream, but not in the example.

That's why I doubt my encoding code, cause the output stream is different
than example stream.

Thanks
Br.Luffy