[Libav-user] Retrieving absolute timestamps from IP cameras

Dídac Pérez perez.didac at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 09:34:44 CET 2013

Hi all,

I am using ffmpeg C++ libraries for connecting to network IP cameras and
retrieve the video stream through RTSP. I need to synchronize the video
frames to another video stream whose frames have timestamps that come from
a GPS signal. The problem is that I am not able to find the absolute
timestamp of the frames I get from the cameras. pts/dts values are
zero-based relative to the first frame, but I don't know how to know the
absolute timestamps (for instance, relative to 1 Jan 1900). In addition, I
don't know if it is actually possible.

Please, I am stuck in this point and I need urgent help with this, and I
will really appreciate any help from you. Thank you so much.
Kindest regards,

Dídac Pérez