[Libav-user] Problems with ffvhuff and huvvyuv

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 20:27:11 CEST 2013

>Why don't you simply test this yourself?
>It cannot take more time to test than to write your
>mail, let alone write (and read!) the answers.

I did.  It generated the extra frames.  So the libav implementation
works this way.  Or at least my code works that way, and my code
might be screwed.  The question I mean to ask (maybe I wasn't clear)
is whether there is anything fundamental to the huffyuv algorithm
which prevents me from decoding a single frame.  If the answer
is 'yes', then I know not to dig through the source code (big
learning curve) because that effort can't possibly work.  If
the answer is 'no, then I'll press on.

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:56 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

James Board <jpboard2 at ...> writes:

> It would be nice if someone told me beforehand whether
> or not this is a problem that can be fixed.

Ok, so far this is understandable.

> If I want to decode a single isolated frame with
> ffvhuff, does the ffvhuff algorithm require me to
> decode multiple frames after N?

Why don't you simply test this yourself?
It cannot take more time to test than to write your
mail, let alone write (and read!) the answers.

Carl Eugen